Garage Fire in Smyrna Ruled Accidental

Jan 11, 2013 -- 10:53am

The Delaware State Fire Marshal says a Thursday afternoon garage fire in Smyrna was caused by sparks and embers from metal cutting equipment that ignited nearby combustible materials.

Firemen from several companies were called to the garage on Woodland Beach Road just before 1 p.m.; $85,000 dollars in damage was done to the garage.

No one was injured.

Return to: WGMD Local News Blog

At Home with Gary Sullivan

Saturday 8-11pm, Sunday 7-10pm


Coming Up
Bill Cunningham, 10:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m.