Smyrna House Fire Caused by Failure of Electrical Extension Cord

Jan 11, 2013 -- 10:52am

The Delaware State Fire Marshal says an early morning house fire in Smyrna today was caused by the failure of an electrical extension cord.

Firemen were called to the home on Shorty Lane just before 5 a.m.; heavy smoke and fire were coming from the front of the home.

Damages were estimated at $5,000. No injuries were reported.

Return to: WGMD Local News Blog

George Noory

12am-5am


Coming Up
Wall Street Journal This Weekend, 6:00 a.m. - 7:00 a.m.