Propane Leak Causes Appliance Fire In Long Neck

Jul 13, 2013 -- 10:27am

A gas leak led to a small fire in a development in Long Neck late Friday night.

Just after 6 p.m., Indian River firefighters were called to the Victoria Landing Development off of Route 24 for a gas leak. Just over five hours later, firefighters were called back again for an appliance fire inside a home on Ferndale Road in the development. Firefighters from Lewes and Millsboro joined Indian River in responding to the fire. Firefighters found elevated levels of propane in the air. Propane and electricity had to be shut off, and the development had to be evacuated so firefighters could find the source of the propane leak. Firefighters found that three units had small amount of fire damage.

The Delaware State Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating to determine what caused the gas leak.

Return to: WGMD Local News Blog

Michael Savage

9pm-12am


Coming Up
Coast to Coast AM, 12:00 a.m. - 5:00 a.m.