Unattended Cooking Blamed for Salisbury Fire

Feb 23, 2013 -- 4:41am

Unattended cooking is being blamed for a fire Friday morning that left an elderly woman with severe burns.

The Maryland Sate Fire Marshal’s Office says the 65-year-old victim was heating up grease on her stove in her house on Marshall Street in Salisbury when the fire broke out around 4:30 a.m.; she sustained 1st and 2nd degree burns to her upper body.

The victim was initially taken to PRMC for treatment but was later transferred to Baltimore’s Johns Hopkins Bayview Burn Center.

 

 

 

Return to: WGMD Local News Blog

Doug Beatty

Mon-Fri 3-6pm


Coming Up
Mark Levin, 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.