Electrical Malfunction Cause of Early Morning Delmar Fire

Feb 01, 2013 -- 2:06pm

State Fire Marshal investigators say a fire that damaged an East State Street home in Delmar just before 1 this morning was caused by an electrical malfunction in the ceiling of the utility room.  Fire crews from Delmar, Laurel, Salisbury and several other companies found smoke in the home – which did have working smoke detectors.  The resident was able to escape safely and is being helped by the American Red Cross.  Damage is estimated at $150,000.

Return to: WGMD Local News Blog

George Noory


Coming Up
Wall Street Journal This Weekend, 6:00 a.m. - 7:00 a.m.