Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 4 PM Friday to 1 am EST Saturday...
The National Weather Service in Mount Holly has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for snow, which is in effect from 4 PM Friday to
1 am EST Saturday.
* Accumulations... 1 to 2 inches of snow with locally 3 inches.
* Timing... light snow is expected to overspread the area from west to east Friday afternoon. By early evening, it should be snowing
across all areas. The snow is then expected to taper off around midnight.
* Impacts... given the continuation of very cold conditions across the entire area, the snow will accumulate immediately. The start
time of the snow should affect the Friday afternoon and evening commute. Untreated roads and walkways will become snow covered,
resulting in areas of hazardous travel.
* Temperatures... in the lower 20s.
* Visibilities... as low as one mile at times.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited
visibilities, and use caution while driving.
While the snowfall amounts are expected to be on the lighter side, the combination of the very cold conditions, falling snow and
timing should have a greater impact on the late afternoon and evening commute. Drive at a slower speed and use extra caution,
especially when traveling on bridges and other elevated surfaces as they tend to become even more slippery.
Return to: WGMD Local News Blog