UPDATE: Gumboro Fire Caused by Electrical Cord Fail

Jul 16, 2013 -- 2:43pm

State Fire Marshal investigators say a blaze Monday morning on Millsboro Highway in Gumboro early Monday morning was caused by an electrical cord failure.  Gumboro fire crews found fire coming from a first floor window – several area fire companies helped to put out the blaze.  The home did have working smoke detectors which helped 2 victims to escape – they were treated for smoke inhalation and released from Nanticoke Hospital.  The fire began in the living room.

Return to: WGMD Local News Blog

Bill Cunningham

Sunday 10-12am, Monday 12-1am


Coming Up
Bill Cunningham, 12:00 a.m. - 1:00 a.m.