Frederica Area House Fire Accidental

Jul 11, 2013 -- 4:45pm

A house fire Wednesday night in Frederica was accidental according to the State Fire Marshal’s office.  The residents reported the fire around 8:15 on Whitwell Delight Drive – west of Bowers Beach.  Frederica Fire crews found fire on the outside of the home and were able to put out the blaze with help from Magnolia and Little Creek fire companies.  Investigators say the fire began at a liquid fueled electrical generator next to the home and was caused by an electrical overload.  No injuries were reported and damage is estimated at $10,000.

Return to: WGMD Local News Blog

Rush Limbaugh

Mon-Fri 12pm-3pm, Sun 1-4pm


Coming Up
Doug Beatty, 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.